Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Street peddlers of Yangon

Other than street food... there are quite a few other interesting street peddlers in the heart of Yangon.




1. Betel nut
It's basically areca nuts and tobacco, wrapped in a lime-coated betel leaf.



2. Phone services

Mobile phones are still not widely used, so... public phones are still commonly found. But, it's not the typical coin pay phone kind. It's just like the phone you have at home or work, just that it's on the street.

I was curious why they were chatting over a table that was so randomly placed along the walkway. The phone on the table caught my attention, but I was still puzzled about it. When I saw more of it, then it hit me that.. ahh, it's a phone booth.

Nope, these phones aren't for sale.

But, if you want some privacy, head down to any of this booth. 
I saw quite a few of such booths and was curious about it. It took me a great deal of courage to peek into one. I timidly stepped into one and craned my next to look around... "Cehhh.. it's just a phone booth.".

3. "Hair salon"
To pick out head lice...

4. Fortune telling services
Most of the fortune tellers do it by palm reading based on the posters I saw.

5. Pedicure/ manicure
Even guys need to pamper themselves yeah..

6. Lottery booth


No comments:

Post a Comment